The girls are sleeping, hopefully until 7am. Last night was terrible. Amelia was hungry, Lilli tormented by nightmares and the drunks outside were shouting, singing and playing a harmonica. Still, they picked a good night to be noisy since we were already awake. I have just swept up a large amount of Amelia's supper. I didn't see any of it head floorwards and when I looked down I was surprised to see that I was marooned in my chair and escape would mean a leap over an ocean of potato, carrot and cheese bits. Even though most of Amelia's first finger-food dinner was jettisoned from her tray, she did enjoy the change from purees. She liked the grated cheese and each time I popped some in her mouth she looked at me in surprise as she gummed and sucked it as though she was thinking, "why am I only just trying this tasty delicacy?"
Earlier this evening both girls were giggling helplessly as I twirled, jiggled, bounced, spun and flipped them to "Twist and Shout" "Go Johnny, Go GO" and some other fun classics!! It is so easy to make Amelia giggle. Crawling chase, tickles, peekaboo, raspberries, dancing and her sister's silly songs always get her laughing. She is an intrepid explorer. I find her searching for balls behind the furniture, attempting to scale the stairs, trying to chew the electric wires poking out from behind the TV, climbing Lilli in pursuit of a toy. She intently watched Lilli playing her toy xylophone and as soon as she saw her chance, quickly crawled over, grabbed the hammer and played it just as well!
Lilli, when not obsessing over who she is going to make a Valentine's for and what colour it will be, is mastering her letters. Today neatly wrote E, A and N. We played a match the letter game yesterday and I didn't have to try to loose. Lilli was fast and even tried to give me some of her cards since I was doing so badly. When and where did she learn her letters? She was screaming her matches, GREEN K, GREEN K, BLUE Y, BLUE Y before I had even looked at both cards! Last week she was quizzing me on the operation of a piston engine. "Oh, uh, injection .... compression .... ignition ..... um .... where is your Daddy??"
No comments:
Post a Comment