5 shots for A today. Poor thing. She was understandably upset and lay in my lap helplessly crying. As each new needle went in she cried even louder and looked at me as though she was thinking "please make this stop." L was a wonderful big sister, singing songs to A, bestowing kisses, supplying teddies. A recovered quickly, but spent most of the day sleeping off the effects.
For L, today was the big ballet performance. Adults were invited into the studio to watch the class. L was awesome! She twirled, skipped, plied and chassayed around the room. She loved having an audience and made sure we noticed her. A sat on my lap and happily watched all the pink leotarded girls, even giggling as they rushed past. L's ballet class was the highlight of her day.
For me, I am blown away by how these girls are growing. A is pulling herself up to standing on anything and everything she can and causing me much anxiety when I find her clinging to a rickety chair. L is full of questions. We've been spending much time talking about life, death and birth. She asked if a new L will grow when she dies, as though her body is a seed. We had a long chat about what happens when you are a teenager. She was very curious as to why boy's underwear have a hole in the front. She asks for the definition of words. Books take a long time to read these days since most things need to be explained and discussed and words pointed out. I love her curiosity and her sudden interest in letters and words.
So much more to write, so many funny observations L has made that I could share that I would be up all night. So for now, good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment