Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hooray for Granny!

We've had a grand time this week with Granny's visit from England. Lilli loves spending time with her Granny (as do I). Granny sings Lilli all sorts of funny songs and gives her lots of kisses and cuddles. She is a wonderfully calming influence on us all. Jon has achieved more in the attic over the past week than he has all summer. I've regained my sanity. And Lilli has enjoyed many more peaceful moments since Granny knows just when and how to play or soothe. I think Jon and I are a little too high energy during those critical pre-sleep minutes .

Over the last few days we've been working on helping Lilli learn how to fall asleep. We've successfully eliminated the bouncing ball from the bed and nap time ritual. Today I managed to sing her back to sleep in the crib. I'd rather take these small slow steps than a week or two of crying-it-out or Pick-Up, Put-Down or the Sleep Lady Shuffle. I say, burn all those sleep books!

Lilli has discovered her feet! When not distracted by a sock, she loves to chat. The raspberry blowing has subsided somewhat and she's working on the aaaaaaa vowel sound. Mum and I are constantly talking. We talk all day long. We sometimes talk too much. It's lovely. And exhausting. We have a fantastic relationship and I feel very lucky to have her as my Mum. I'm sure all our chatting is influencing Lilli who often joins in with her aaas and squeals and gurgles. She is even starting to sound a little like Granny.

No comments: