Friday, July 24, 2009

8 Weeks and Counting

Lilli is 8 weeks old and happily nursing. It is a Friday in late July. The past two months have been very surreal. Night has blended into day which has blended back into night. Today was less dreamlike than usual, perhaps because I escaped the confines of this house. Lilli and I went shopping at the consignment store, Me & Moms, in Ballard. Unfortunately Lilli didn't enjoy the trip since the shop floor was too smooth. She prefers the sensation of bumps under her stroller wheels. So she cried rather than slept.

Recently Jon and I have been enjoying 4 hour stretches of sleep at night! However, for a few hours every night she is awake in her crib and Jon and I lye quietly in bed listening to her grunting, sniffing, squirming and slurping as she sucks her thumb. I wonder whether this new found relationship with her thumb will last?

No comments: