Thursday, July 23, 2009

Brrrrrr

Lilli is a huge fan of funny noises. She studies hard and then copies. Sticking out her tongue is easy. Vibrating her lips in a big "bbbrrrrrrrr" is difficult. She tries so hard, but can't quite get her lips positioned accurately. Smiling with her eyes is easy. She narrows her eyes and they glint happily and mischievously. Initially I thought she had sore eyes until I caught sight of myself smiling in the mirror. Ahhhh! So that's where that came from! Lilli loves looking at herself in the mirror and coos delightedly at herself.

Our days have settled into a routine. Sleep, Eat and Play. There is little me-time, but sometimes I do manage to squeeze in a shower. Jon still makes me lunch every morning since I find it hard to do so myself! I am amazed by the amount of laundry I find myself washing and folding. It is the only house task I am capable of completing. I wish I could do more. Jon returns from work and the kitchen hasn't been touched. After he finishes cleaning up the mess he cooks dinner. I hope that soon I'll be able to do a little more. But right now all my time is spent with little Lilli. And I'm starting to feel intense cabin fever. Lilli and I might escape the house for a neighbourhood walk perhaps every other day. These four walls are very monotonous and tedious.

No comments: