Lilli has her voice back and is chattering animatedly to Jon and I. She squawks, gurgles and coos at us with a variety of facial expressions to make her point. Her wide-mouthed gummy and squeaky giggles are delightful and very infectious. I feel wonderful when I'm able to tease them from her. Naps have been challenging this week. Perhaps because she has forgotten about the soothing power of thumb sucking? I hope that memory returns soon along with the tummy to back flip flop.
On Friday Shannon and Anya came to visit. Anya and Lilli were fascinated with each other. Within minutes of saying hello they were holding hands and exchanging big smiles. Anya couldn't keep her hands off Lilli. Lilli was proud to show off her rolling skills to Anya.
Last night was my first night out since we became a trio and it was great! I revelled in the amusing and thoughtful company of two of my amazing girl friends, Erin and Sara. It was delicious to discuss subjects other than Lilli, cars or home renovation. At home Jon and I escape these persistent topics through "Weeds." Warning: it is addictive.
No comments:
Post a Comment