Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Girls

Lilli sat on the TV bench sweeping a DVD back and forth across the floor with her foot.
"Mummy I am scratching the DVD" she tells me as I take my shoes and coat off. We have just returned from school. I remind her that hurts the DVD and then she will not be able to watch Diego.
"Oh" she replies.
"I thought it was one of yours."
Hmmm, all because I hadn't examined her new scratch and given her a picture band aid the moment we arrived home!

Amelia lives to gnaw on fingers and smile at her big sister. Cuddling her while Jon was cooking supper her exploring fingers found my face and held me still. Her eyes were just inches from mine. Her mouth opened wide. "Mmmm, chin, just need to chew on that chin for a while. Oh, hello Mummy you are here too. Wait a sec, big sis is watching TV. Cool. Is that a fire truck? Chin, where is it? Mmmm, yummy chin. Oh, what's happening now? Fire truck is loud! Chin, must chew on chin. Ahhhhh. That feels good. Can I just hang here on your shoulder and chew this chin and watch Lilli's show at the same time? It feels so good."

No comments: