Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Where's Daddy?

My goodness! I have neglected my blogging duties! It's been a month since my last entry, which is testament to how busy we've been. We've attended a wedding, walked along beaches, visited family in Massachusetts, spent many hours at the park and started school! Today, Lilli and I are just back from music group where we tap rhythm sticks, bang on drums, sing songs and waltz in circles around the mirror-lined studio with colourful scarves waving in our hands. This afternoon I think we'll take a walk around the neighbourhood to enjoy this rare late-September sunshine. Since our return from the east coast, Lilli is not content playing at home with me. Instead she stands at the front door yelling at me to go outside. She also misses Daddy after having had him exclusively while on vacation. She expectantly looks at the front door and hopefully calls for him, "Dad, Dad, Dad ..." So we're busy. We go out twice a day if possible, rain or shine. She is excited about the car since it usually takes her somewhere interesting, like the zoo, the store, a friend's house, the park! So long as the journey doesn't take too long. Unlike our flight. That was exhausting. On our trip out Lilli constantly kicked the seat in front of her. She did eventually fall asleep after a relatively short protest. Our trip home was late and way past her bedtime. Despite her exhaustion she manically fought sleep. I think she finally fell asleep propped up against Jon's side half-way through Karate Kid. She was a good traveller and I am so glad we bought her a seat. Not so for our Thanksgiving trip to LA. She will be squirming in our laps for what will probably be the longest 2 hours in our lives!

No comments: