Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A TV Night

How rare that I have some time to write! But here I am on the couch with Jon's laptop on my knees, nibbling on chocolate, sipping hot fruit tea and listening to Jon having fun with a jazz tune in the office. After my post I am looking forward to curling up in front of the TV. NCIS is on! Maybe it doesn't sound like heaven, but it is to me.

So what shall I write about before NCIS claims my attention. How about Lilli's second word? Last week she clearly said "Dog" (with a silent g) after listening to the neighbourhood dogs barking. Or perhaps I should mention her new adorable hair style? She was strapped in her high chair, Daddy held her hands to stop her swiping and swatting at the scissors, while I snipped a cute but jagged fringe (or bangs as they are known here). Maybe I should mention that Lilli is working on new teeth. That it looks as though all her remaining teeth, her molars, canines and lower side incisors look as though they are about to break through together. I could tell you that Lilli is perfecting her sign language, though we're not quite sure if we have a clear understanding. We think the sign for 'more' might only mean more puffs or more cheese or more of that yummy food we were just eating. Not more of the sloppy stuff. Should I share that Lilli has taken to nipping me while nursing? She flashes me a mischievous grin when I scold her while prising open her clenched jaws. I know, I know, but somehow she is capable of biting and smiling simultaneously! You'll be amused to hear that Lilli is still full of inquisitive energy and she becomes more and more fun every day.

Now, to NCIS. Perhaps one night I'll get back to my knitting.

No comments: