Well today her stomach is settled, but the bug or whatever is behind this, is still in her system and causing some explosive diarrhea. She's nursing happily but refusing all food apart from puffs!! Frustratingly she wrinkles her nose at Pedialyte, but who can blame her. I hope she's feeling better tomorrow. I miss our crazy baby and I don't want to cancel our weekend escape to Orcas Island. Oh, and our beautiful new carpet was christened yesterday, a week to the day it was installed.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Sick Baby
Oh dear, we have a sick baby here and things are rather stressful. Yesterday Lilli went down for her afternoon nap with a severe case of hiccups, but for once she didn't cry. Just a few murmurs and whimpers. I relaxed outside in the sunshine with my knitting and didn't hear a peep from her. An hour and a half later I found my poor baby sleeping off the effects of what looked like a nasty bout of sickness. The mattress was covered with vomit, as was Lilli, from head to toe, with a piece of regurgitated strawberry dangling from her hair, just for good measure. It was awful. She refused to nurse or to drink any water. I frantically called Jon and demanded that he return home immediately and called the doctor for advice. Our very energetic baby for once was subdued. I nestled her in the carrier and walked around the house in bemused circles singing nursery songs for the remainder of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no! Poor girl. I hope she is feeling better. That's too bad about the carpet, but I guess it was bound to happen soon enough.
Post a Comment