Thursday, November 5, 2009

Notes from Lilli

Hiiiiyaaaaa! Hiiiiiyaaaaaa!
I love making sounds. My favourite is my new squeeeeeek. I practice my squeeeky voice every day. It makes Mummy laugh. I also enjoy coughing. It seems to get Mummy and Daddy's attention. Usually I babble to myself or to anyone who is listening. It's fun seeing what sounds I can make.

There is so much to do during the day. So many things I can see. I wish I could get to them. I can't seem to move though. I try really hard and sometimes I can roll or wiggle over to toys on my mat, but there must be a way to explore all those other interesting looking things in the room? And hey, what are those "feet" things on Mummy and Daddy's legs. They look really fun. I just want to sink my sore gums into them, but I'm not allowed.

Sore gums, yes they hurt. Mostly at night. I have a sharp tooth which gets a little bigger every day. And I drool a lot. It's given me a rash. I hate it when Mummy rubs cream under my chin. She tells me it'll help my rash, but I don't know. I wish I could stop spitting up. The milk doesn't taste as good as it did going down. And now I can taste the horrible rice cereal Mummy and Daddy have been feeding me. They think my grimaces are funny. I want to chew on the spoon, but Mummy always dunks it in that soupy rice mixture first. Yuck ... cough cough ....

I bumped my head. That also hurt. It was scary too. I've been practicing sitting with Mummy's help. I'm very wobbly. But it's a great position to survey my toys spread out at my feet. There was a new toy, a small plastic pot, which looked really tasty. I made a lunge for it and got it. With my eyebrow. Owwww. I had a big red bump on my head and I cried a lot. Mummy and Daddy gave me lots of cuddles. It was worse than the injections I had last week at the doctors. I like going to the doctor. I enjoy seeing everyone. There was a nice lady in the waiting room making me laugh. Mummy tells me that I caught a cold at the doctors, because the next night this clear slimy stuff started running out of my nose. It's hard to breathe through my nose. I have to use my mouth.

This cold thing and my sore gums have been keeping me awake at night. But the last couple of nights have been much better. Mummy and Daddy are looking happier. Naps are still tough though. I don't understand why Mummy wants me to sleep so much during the day? But I do enjoy listening to her sing my lullaby. I like to join in with her.

I also enjoy chewing on Mummy's chin. When I'm up on her shoulder because she's burping me or cuddling me, I wriggle around so we're facing each other and her chin is right there. It's great for chewing and I can gaze into her eyes at the same time! I like to keep her head still, because she tends to shake and make funny noises, by placing my hands on each of her cheeks. That's good too because it's nice to feel Mummy's skin. I like feeling different textures with my hands and feet. When I'm feeding I love rubbing my bare feet against the silk cushions. The bed sheet feels pretty cool too and makes a good swishy noise under my finger nails. But the best is the magazines and books Mummy sometimes reads when I'm feeding. I love scrunching the pages and scritching and scratching the paper with my finger tips.

Hey, so I have this new game which I play with Mummy and Daddy when we're on the bed after bath time. They want to dry and dress me, but they have to catch me me first! It's so fun!! I can wriggle backwards and flip over and scoot sideways. It's really difficult to catch me. I love watching their faces when they try to put on my diaper or my PJs. I practice my moves at night time too, but sometimes I get stuck against the bars of the crib. Once my arm got trapped between the bars and I couldn't move. Thankfully Daddy heard me shout and freed me.

We went to a fun party on Halloween, though I didn't get to wear a costume. But I did see all my "May Babies" friends, who were in costume, hmmmm. They had all grown so much, just like me. Some had teeth, some also had problems sleeping. Also this week I hung out with my buddy, Jamie, in the park. Mummy seemed to really enjoy the colours of the leaves, berries, ferns, clouds and the water. Yesterday Mummy took me for a walk along the canal with a friend of hers. She was really nice to me and I really enjoyed gazing at her face. It's nice to look at a different face every once in a while.

Gotta go! Lots of things to do, but Mummy says it is nap time. I wonder if she'll let me sleep on my tummy? It's my favourite sleeping position. I like to bury my face in the mattress. Today my forehead is red because I got to sleep tummy down last night. Byeeeeee ....

No comments: